Women’s Leadership Initiative
Join Arizona’s women land use and real estate leaders for networking and education opportunities all year long. The ULI Arizona Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) launched this year as phase one of the District Council-wide Inclusive Community Initiative. WLI was conceived to increase the visibility and professional development opportunities for women in ULI and throughout the land use and real estate development industry, and to foster collaboration with District Councils in other cities. ULI Arizona will host several events this year, with notable speakers and networking opportunities. WLI programs feature:
- A speaker program with notable women presenters
- Social gatherings for professional women in real estate
- Leadership development programs to foster more women leaders in the land use and real estate development industry
Formally launched in Charlotte at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) was formed in late 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative. ULI Arizona is excited to welcome WLI to our District Council.
The mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative is to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
A Bold Beginning
WLI was created nationally in 2012 and launched during ULI’s Spring Meeting. In the past year, the organization has mobilized in 20 District Councils, including Arizona. In addition to providing programming for Spring and Fall meetings, WLI is focused nationally on:
- Developing materials that educate ULI members and nonmembers about women in leadership.
- Reaching out to the District Councils to work collaboratively on issues of importance to women who are ULI members.
- Recommending women for consideration as ULI Trustees, Product Council Chairs, District Council Chairs and program speakers.
- Sponsoring original studies of women in real estate and disseminating existing research.
- Increasing the visibility of women in real estate professions by creating a speakers bureau and sponsoring ULI publications written by women.
Are you interested in making connections with successful, strong professional women in the land use and real estate industry? Already a ULI member and finding yourself in need of a mentor or advocate to help navigate through this typically male-dominated field? Then you’re in the right place!