A Local Product Council is a group of ULI members who are focused on a particular sector of the real estate development industry, and meet to exchange ideas, examine trends, and explore collaborative solutions to shared concerns.
Modeled after ULI’s highly successful National Product Councils which are open to Full Members Only, ULI Arizona’s Local Product Councils are open to both Associate and Full ULI Member levels, providing a forum for information exchange among peers on the “state of the art” within the development field.
Local Product Council Structure
Success of the Local Product Councils is built upon passionate leadership, participation, and creating the right mixture of expertise. Councils provide opportunities for leadership and volunteer involvement in ULI at the local level by fostering a culture of openness, promoting excellence in programming, and sharing of issues critical to the land use planning and real estate development industries.
Local Product Councils are led by a chair and vice-chairs who are responsible for content, guest speakers, schedule and membership of the council. In addition, each Local Product Council may have the opportunity to plan and execute one large program/event each year for the broader ULI Arizona District Council or smaller programs related to their priority area. Membership in Local Product Councils is application-based, open only to ULI Members, and will be in the range of 25-50 members. The Councils will determine their meeting frequency but will hold at least two meetings per year.
Basic Guidelines for ULI Arizona Local Product Councils:
- Must be a member of ULI to join a Local Product Council
- To be considered for participation on a Local Product Council, a member must apply (application window is open June/July)
- Member must have relevant subject matter knowledge
- Members can only participate in one Local Product Council at a time
- All members must actively participate in discussion and sharing information
- Local Product Councils meet regularly as determined by the group (at least two times per year)
- Council members must attend 50% of the meetings during the ULI fiscal year
- Non-ULI members may attend a meeting as a guest but must join ULI to attend future meetings
- Product Council size may range from 25-50 people, as determined by Council leadership
- Diversity of member expertise (service providers, developers, lenders, etc.)
- Diversity of membership by gender, ethnicity and age
- Limited number of guest seats for each meeting
- Local Product Council members agree to a participation fee of $200 for the year, payable upon acceptance
ULI Arizona Local Product Councils:
Adaptive Reuse / Infill / Revitalization
Community and Residential Development (CaRD)
Multi-Family / Affordable & Workforce Housing / Senior Housing
For more information, contact email@example.com